FALCON 500 POWERED BY TALON FX
The Falcon 500 powered by Talon FX is a brushless motor with an integrated motor controller and encoder, custom designed specifically for the FIRST Robotics Competition, through a collaboration between Cross the Road Electronics and VEX Robotics.
The Talon FX gives teams features they've come to expect from a Talon motor controller, such as...
- Follow Mode
- Limit switch feedback
- On-board motion control using Motion Magic, allowing the streaming of trajectory points of a motion profile into the Talon. This ensures accurate timing between trajectory points
- Phoenix API compatibility
- LED indicators blinking proportionately to output speed for easier debugging
- CAN and PWM communication protocols
- "Brake / Coast Calibration"
- Integrated PID control
On top of these classic features, we have a host of new ones to complement our new integrated brushless system
- A motor and motor controller assembly all in one product
- Integrated 2048 CPR magnetic encoder
- Reverse polarity protection (fewer costly wiring mistakes)
- Trapezoidal commutation
- CIM/Mini-CIM hole compatibility (2" Hole Pattern)
- Interchangeable, keyless, spline shafts (2 different lengths)
- Full aluminum case with cooling port